Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Desperate or brilliant, you decide

I thought I had sunk to a new low over the weekend, but if that was low, this is rock bottom. A refused to nap in her bed this afternoon (surprise, surprise). Since she is sick, she has.to.sleep. or she will never kick this thing. So in a moment of sheer desperation (or brilliance, I'm not sure which yet) I scooped up both kids, carried them to the car in slippers, and drove like the wind to a friend's where I borrowed a Video Now player. I then took a detour to Dunkin Donuts drive thru, picked up a decaf latte and returned home. C is now happily watching Sesame Street in the back seat, A is snoring away, and I am blogging from the comfort of my car parked as close as possible to the wall with the wireless hub.

You can all laugh now. But we are all happier than we have been in days.