Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Overheard at the Polls

C: (in a loud, loud voice) "Mommy! Who are you voting for?"

Mommy: "Shhh, we can't say who we voted for while we are in here."

C: "Oh! I can keep a secret!"

Poll Worker: "Ma'am? You're next. Have the kids voted before?"

C: "I have! I voted for brownies instead of cookies at school today!" (C quickly covers his mouth with his hands and looks around guilty.) "Oh no! I wasn't supposed to tell you that in here!"

Poll Worker: "It's OK son. I would have voted for the brownies too."

C: "Then you would have voted with the mag, mag, magority. The brownies won, 11 to 6."

A: "I want cookies."

C: "Then you are in the min-owity. There will only be brownies for snack next week."

Mommy: "Democracy at its finest. Come on guys, let's go vote for people instead of snacks."

C: "Remember! Don't tell!"