Monday, May 28, 2007

I guess one is never happy

Walking out of church yesterday a woman was complaining that she hadn't been able to get her teenagers out of bed this morning, and that now with summer arriving she was going to be spending her life hounding them to get up. I blinked, and look at my two who, never fail, are up at the crack of dawn, and envied her ability to get up and read the paper in peace.

I almost stopped her to ask when this miraculous event occurs, and whether she thought it would happen to my kids as well, but then I realized that by junior high and high school when first bell is at 7ish, having children who want to sleep until noon is going to be just as annoying as it is to have kids who are insisting on getting up at 5:45 every morning when you have no place to go. In fact, I suppose that I should try to keep them on this schedule until high school, because then I shouldn't have any problems getting them out the door to the bus stop on time.