Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Overheard from above

As I was on my hands and knees cleaning up the mess that existed post-holiday craft time...

Mommy: (muttering under her breath) "I am so sick of cleaning up tiny pieces of paper from the floor."

A: "Mommy, are you OK? Do you need some medicine? What is sick?"

C: "Mommy, did you mean tired sick? A, I think she meant tired sick, not sick sick."

Mommy: "Yes C, I meant tired sick. I'm not really sick A."

C: "Sometimes people use sick when they mean tired, but that's not really the right word. You should say what you mean Mommy."

Mommy: "I'll try to remember that for the future C, thank you. Now will you help me clean up the floor?"

C: "No, I'm allergic, remember?"

I am almost on top of the holidays, and will stop posting cute (and not so cute) kid sayings soon. I swear I do actually have some interesting thoughts to share...