Tuesday, June 06, 2006

When it rains it pours

So apropos of nothing, my phone, which rarely rings during the day and NEVER rings past 6pm unless it is my father calling, has rung five times since 7 pm. And none of the phone calls were from the RNC! The first call was my father, which was unexpected since I had just seen him over the weekend and it is rare that I hear from him twice in such a short period of time. But then I got phone calls from friends! Real people! Calling me at 8 and 9 pm at night asking me to do things! Not that I was able to do any of them, as M is out of town and really, if I'm going to leave my house after 6pm I need to psych myself up for days, but it is the thought that counts, right? I will go to bed happy knowing that I could have had plans not involving my children every night this week. These are the things dreams are made of...