Saturday, December 03, 2005

This is the RNC calling...

M apparently gave the RNC some money, as our first holiday card of the season was from George W. and Laura Bush (religious quote and all), and now my phone rings several times a day.

"Oh, Mrs. Republican-Wife, this is the RNC calling. We would love to talk with you about..."

"I'm sorry, do you realize that it is 9am and you are calling a residence? The man you want to talk to is at work. And trust me, you don't want to speak with me."

At 1pm...

"Hi Mrs. Republican-Wife, this is Peppy Lady from the RNC. I'm calling you about..."

"As I told the caller at 9am, you don't want to talk to me. The man who might give you money is at work. Plus, do you realize it is nap time? And our family values here Chez J-E includes nap time."

At 6pm...

"Mrs. Republican-Wife, we're so glad you are home. This is Peppy Guy from the RNC...."

"As I told the previous callers, the person you are looking for is not me. He is out earning the money that you so desperately want. And it is the dinner hour. Isn't family mealtime important to the Republican party?"

Three times in one day???? How hard up for cash can the Republicans really be?