Friday, May 05, 2006

Lazy

I should be at the gym right now. Both my children are happily playing at their respective schools, and I am even dressed in workout clothes. But when I got to the gym, there were no parking places. I could have circled a bit, I could have parked up the street and walked back, I could have done many things. Instead I shrugged, decided that I might still have a sinus infection and that really, I should just go home, sip decaf coffee on the back stoop, and finish the book that I so desperately want to like but just can't quite get into. So I have only myself to blame when I go to put on my swimsuit in a few short weeks and groan about that still flabby two years after childbirth belly. Perhaps I should be investing in one of those miracle suits instead of a gym membership....