Thursday, May 04, 2006

Advocacy run amuck

Go here, read this. Then come on back.

OK. So you know I am all for giving moms a break. Hell, I could use a day off. In fact I would love a day off. I will proclaim my undying affection for anyone who volunteers to take my children for a day so I can do something, anything, other than referee sibling battles. But under no circumstances do I think government should be wasting their time on this issue. Don't you think governors have something better to do? Like, I dunno, figure out how to lower gas prices or, gasp, work on improving health care? And besides, who is going to give the working moms a day off? And what about the stay-at-home-dads? Because really, I think they need the day off too. Fair is fair.

Still dying to email your elected officials about something? Try out these campaigns for size instead.