Friday, February 17, 2006

Yet another sleep rant

I apologize, but you are about to be subjected to yet another sleep rant. But I'm tired and grumpy as I've been up trying to get A back to sleep since 4am, so you get to suffer along with me, or stop reading now. Your choice....

The child didn't get to bed until 9pm last night as we had to pick up my sister and Baby C at the airport. How could she possibly be up at 4am? With a 1am wake up thrown in there for good measure. It's unbelievable.

We cannot continue to function like this. Or shall I say I cannot continue to function like this. I am a 8+ hour a night gal. But there is just no way I can get eight hours if she continues to wake up at 4 or 5 am. I can't possible go to bed at 8pm every night, I have to pick up the chaos from the day, cook dinner for M, do laundry, and get all the crap that can't get done while the kids are up done. Plus, nine times out of ten someone in my house is still up at 8pm, and I am guaranteed at least one and generally three plus wakes ups by one child or the other.

I am tired and cranky and am a lousy parent these days as I am just to tired to have any patience. I fly off the handle at the smallest incident, and am on the verge of tears most of the time. I keep waiting for her sleep to get better and it just gets worse and worse. She is clearly tired, so it's not even that she doesn't need as much sleep as I do. She just doesn't know how to sleep.

I don't even know where I am going with this as I am too tired to type. So I'm just going to crawl onto the couch and mumble incoherently as A plays dolls now.