Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I Hide

A now insists on being diaper-free between the hours of 6 and 8pm. Which has resulted in more pee on the wool rug accidents than I can count, and one poop on the foam alphabet squares. Our discussion tonight went something like this:

Mommy: "A, if you aren't going to wear your diaper then you need to be sitting on the potty."

A: "Yeah, potty!"

A few minutes later A gets off the potty, lured by a favorite dance scene on Sesame Street.

Mommy: "A, potty or diaper."

A: "No!"

Mommy: "Yes!"

A: "I hide." And off she ran to duck behind the foot stool.

I love the fact that they still tell you what they are doing and where they are hiding at this age.


-----------------

And another A conversation from earlier today.

A: "Mommy, I sleepy."

Mommy: "OK, let's go nap!"

A: "Oh, no, sleepy, not nappy."

I am taking it as a good sign that she at least recognizes that she is tired, even if she still refuses to take action on that feeling...