Saturday, December 10, 2005

I am a good mommy

I broke down and purchased A what she would really want for Christmas if she a) knew it existed and b) understood the concept of Christmas, a singing Wags the Dog. Yes, you read that correctly. I voluntarily brought a loud, obnoxious, plush singing TV character into my home. At least the Hokey Pokey Elmo was purchased by grandparents. But I knew no one but me was buying A the singing Wags the Dog, and I knew that when she sees it come out of the wrapping on Christmas she will be hysterically happy.

I know I will kick myself several times over when I hear that song over and over and over again. And I sincerely hope that Wags will quickly find a home on the top shelf of the bookcase with Elmo. But I just had to see the look of pure joy on her face when she figures out what it is. I should get the mommy of the year award for this one, really I should.