Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Time A had the strange rash

I love my daughter dearly but have decided that she does not do illness well. For the first 6 months of her life, she had nary a sniffle, cough, or fever. I applauded myself for having such a healthy child. Big mistake, as soon after it all went wrong.

Her first cold turned into a sinus infection. Her first cough turned into pneumonia. Her first tummy bug almost landed her in the hospital for dehydration. Now she has a bizarre rash that may or may not be hives, may or may not be a really bad reaction to the chicken pox vaccine, or may or may not be a random virus of some other unknown variety. The Dr. is unwilling to commit.

So I am stuck with a child with a rash/pox/hives that appears and disappears with the drop of a hat, a fever that similarly comes and goes, and not a clue when I can take her out into the world again.
I figured this was as good a time as any to return to blogging and try to find the humor in it all.

Humor, where are you?