Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolutions

Last year my resolution was to whine less, or at least balance out the whining with happy thoughts. Yeah. That worked out for me.

This year I am going to stick to the one resolution thing, but I think my resolution for the year is actually doable.

I hereby resolve to be a list person.

"A LIST person?" you ask. Yes! A list person. You know, one of those people that keeps a running tab of things that need to get done on an ACTUAL piece of paper. And then they CROSS the things off that running tab once things are DONE. A novel concept, for me.

I have no illusions that I will become quite the list person that Organized Friend is, as she actually types up her list every night and assigns precise times to each activity (9-9:30, grocery shop. 9:30 to 9:40, put away groceries) just to make sure she can fit everything into a day. I admire that, but I'm also a realist. Not. going. to. happen. But a simple "Put away Christmas decorations, organize hall closet, donate outgrown coats" might improve life a bit.

So there you go. If you need something from me, tell me to put it on the list...