Friday, September 28, 2007

Note to Self

A calendar is a useful tool. If you open it before opening your mouth that is. Three times this week I have booked something and then had to call back five minutes later because it conflicted with something else. I'm unclear how my life got quite so busy, but clearly it has something to do with the fact that I still have not learned to sit on my hands when a request for a volunteer is made.

And speaking of volunteering, at a meeting this morning someone remarked that A was very well behaved in a roomful of adults. And then as an aside (in a not so nice a way), she said "Of course, that's probably because you bring her everyplace with you instead of hiring a sitter." I think I am choosing to take that as a compliment on my child's behavior, rather than a comment on how I am raising my daughter...