Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dear Neighborhood Teens

Dear Neighborhood Teens Who Shall Remain Nameless,

I am pleased to know that you are not getting into trouble loitering downtown or shoplifting. I am even pleased to know that ringing doorbells and running away is still considered an amusing past time for the 18 and under set. In the grand scheme of things, you have picked a rather harmless Saturday night activity, and for that I applaud you.

However, I would like to request that you refrain from ringing my particular doorbell, as I have small children who go to sleep at 7pm at night. And when the doorbell rings multiple times at 7:45, all hell breaks loose over here. Of course, if your ringing of my doorbell is an indication that you are interested in coming to babysit for me, feel free to ring all you want.

Sincerely,

Chichimama

PS: You are lucky it was me and not my husband who opened the door and figured out who it was. Because he is jet-lagged and not quite as amused as I.