Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekend Roundup

  • C learned to ride without training wheels. Which is fabulous, except for the fact that in order to stay up he has to ride so quickly that I can't keep up while pushing A in the stroller or, even worse, helping A on her trike. Thankfully, bike season is almost over, and by next spring we should be able to put A on a bike with training wheels and start the whole process over again.
  • We had a lovely indoor BBQ last night, because it was just. too. hot. to be outdoors. And it was lovely, but stressful. As I said to M about an hour before the family arrived, I love this family. They are lovely, lovely people. But their house is always "just so." And no matter how I try, my house is never "just so." So while I love to spend time with them, I don't generally care to do so in our house...
  • On the upside, she helped us figure out how to furnish the train room once the trains are no longer a daily, or even weekly activity. Which will probably be sooner rather than later because the world of legos has just been discovered.
  • I spent my weekend swearing under my breath because I had stepped on yet another lego that had somehow missed the lego bucket.
  • I also spent much of my weekend stocking the deep freeze for winter. Because what else should one do besides cook when it is pushing 100 degrees?
  • As a result, however, we now have tomato sauce, eggplant parm, and lasagna just waiting for that first fall day. Yumm.
  • Remind me to call the chimney sweep and firewood guy now that we finally have a wood burning fireplace.
  • And the furnace guy. Because if I start thinking about it now, I just might manage to call him before I am forced to turn the heat on in late October.
  • Can you tell I am ready for fall???