Monday, July 16, 2007

What is it about a crisis...

that makes one want to clean? Or, perhaps, it is just me. But regardless, my father-in-law is back in the hospital with a heart attack after having a cancer surgery last week. And as I made the round of phone calls to family and friends, I scrubbed the bathrooms, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, dusted the bedroom lamps, and scrubbed the cabinets. Even though the cleaning service comes tomorrow.

The kids are upset, both because Grampy is back in the hospital (which they can only vaguely understand) and because we were supposed to have a beach day tomorrow and I had to warn them that we may not be able to go. But for them, the promise of a trip to the ice cream store and a sprinkler-fest in the back yard seemed to make things all better. M is in limbo as we are currently still unclear how serious the heart attack was, and what is going to be done about it. Me? I'm eyeing the fridge and wondering what might be growing in there.