Friday, May 18, 2007

There is no accounting for taste

This afternoon the kids and I braved the mall to return some things at Crate and Barrel and then use the credit to replace our horribly etched water and wine glasses that we got when we got married almost a decade ago. I was actually rather amazed that we still had almost all of them intact, as I can run my way through a set of dishes in less than a year.

I was thrilled to go on an already paid for spending spree, and was literally rubbing my hands with glee at the thought of picking out some new glasses, even if I did have two children who have inherited the dropsies gene in tow. We got there, and I started to browse. Did you KNOW how many options are out there in the wine glass department? Big ones, small ones, colored ones, stemless ones, both C and I were astounded. "Why are there so many wine glasses here Mom?" "I have no idea, but isn't it fabulous?"

At the end of the day, I walked out of the store with these and these. The exact same glasses we registered for almost a decade ago. M just laughed at me when I called to announce that he would feel right at home with our new acquisitions. Hey, at least y'all will know what to get me if you ever need a present. Just look around my house and replace whatever the item most in need of replacement is. Now that the glasses have been replaced, my guess is the bleach-stained, decade old towels. In forest green, of course.