Thursday, March 01, 2007

Random Bullets of Boredom

  • We have been home all. day. long. because C has a) a random viral/fever/sore throat thing or b) strep. Every time I pick up the phone to call the doctor, the fever miraculously disappears and he has a half hour of cheerfulness before he descends back into cranky sick whinyness. But on the upside, he DID take a two hour nap both yesterday and today.
  • I know, I know. That fever coming and going totally points to random viral thing. But the only times he has taken a nap in the past year and a half have been when antibiotics were needed, leading me down the "I should really call or it is going to be like the time he had pneumonia all over again" path.
  • I've decided that it is a fine line between running to the pediatrician too frequently and not enough. In fact, I don't know that there is a middle ground. Because every time I bring someone in and it is nothing, I get the "There are lots of random viral things out there" talk, and every time I bring someone in and they have something, I always get the "You should have called two days ago" lecture.
  • I so miss our regular pediatrician who is out on maternity leave (may she please come back). I am not a huge fan of seeing random doctors who have no idea who we are or what all of our issues are.
  • Y'all were really, really quiet today. I kept refreshing my bloglines all day, and there was nothing. In fact, I even typed in some addresses in hopes that bloglines was broken.
  • Didn't you get the telepathic memo that I was bored silly and couldn't stand one more minute of PBS kids programing?
  • But, because of your lack of verbosity, I did finish mystery knitting project number one. It had some issues that will be discussed, with pictures, at a later date once the surprise has been sprung.
  • Now I have to turn to a baby sweater I agreed to knit for the church auction next month. It is going to be orange. What do you want to bet that I'm going to end up buying back my own donation? But the yarn was just too nice and the color just too cool to pass up. So much better than the boring gender neutral colors like yellow or green, don't you agree?
  • Is it bedtime yet? Please, let it be bedtime.