Monday, October 02, 2006

I have nothing against liquids but....

...today they are not my friend. This morning started off bright and early with the downstairs toilet overflowing because C used an ENTIRE ROLL of toilet paper and then tried to flush it down the ancient toilet. While I was cleaning that up, A found a balloon and proceeded to make her own water balloon in the kitchen sink and dump it all over that floor.

After lunch we headed over to the new house and discovered that the fridge had defrosted at some point in the recent past and the ice from the ice maker had melted and pooled on the kitchen floor. Which is now warped. And besides warping the floor, the water had leaked down into the finished basement. Upon returning home, A dumped a sippy cup of soy milk onto the couch and while I was cleaning that up, she took off her diaper and peed on the rug.

I am now out of: toilet paper, paper towels, dish towels, bath towels, and carpet cleaner. Can I cry yet? Please oh pretty please?

Edited to add: Just as I posted this, A just took off her diaper and peed on the rug again. And I have no way to clean it up. I think it is time for everyone (me included) to head to bed and hope that tomorrow is a better day.