Monday, September 25, 2006

Riddle me this

C and A have discovered the childhood mecca of stupid jokes. Over the last few days, I have Googled joke after joke, and tried to teach them the basics. The standard knock knock jokes, the chicken jokes, the how do you jokes. A few of them they have finally mastered. Many of them have been mangled beyond belief.

C: "Knock Knock"

Mommy "Who's there?"

C: "Pizza"

Mommy "Pizza who?"

C: "I want pizza for dinner!" Both C and A burst out laughing and fall off of their chairs.

Or there is my current favorite:

C: "How do you get a mouse to smile?"

Mommy: "I don't know!"

C: "Say pizza!"

Mommy: "Uh, I think it is supposed to be 'Say cheese!"

C: "Silly mommy. If people smile at 'Say cheese' then mice must smile at 'Say pizza!'"

Mommy: "And how do you figure that?"

C: "Well, mice love cheese and we love pizza. Get it?"

Mommy: "Not really, no."

C: "A, do you get it?"

A: "Oh yeah. Silly silly C!"

Apparently, my sense of humor is sorely lacking.