Thursday, August 03, 2006

Clearly, I am unprepared

So, to add insult to injury, A's fever is apparently caused by a stomach bug. And right after she vomited, we lost power. Leaving me to scrub up a puke covered bathroom by flashlight. God only knows if I got it all, I guess the stench will tell me in a few hours. Ah, if it were only Wednesday...

Anyway, once I got everyone and everything cleaned up and called M to tell him that he probably wanted to check whether the trains had power before he left the city, I decided to find something for dinner. "Ah HAH." I thought. "I will dig into my stockpile for the apocalypse. This will be a great trial run." After rummaging through the bins in the basement and my cupboards, I was reduced to a dinner of mini-marshmallows and cereal. Apparently my plans for the apocalypse all rely on having a working electrical grid. Clearly, I need to rethink things a bit.

So, here I sit, typing in the dark on my laptop about to run out of juice. Thank God for wireless.