Monday, July 24, 2006

And this was all before 9am...

C: Why is there a baby in her tummy?

Mommy: Because they wanted another member of their family.

C: How did the baby get there?

Mommy: When mommies and daddies get married, they sometimes decide to start a family, and so they make a baby together.

C: How?

Mommy: Remember how there are eggs in mommies' tummies? The daddies have seeds that join with the egg to make a baby.

C: But HOW does the seed get into the mommy's tummy? And how does it know it is supposed to go to the egg? And where do the seeds live?

Mommy: Those are great questions, but they will take some time to answer and we are running very late, can we talk about it tonight?

C: I'm not going to forget.

Mommy: Trust me, I know you won't.

I did it JUST like the books said folks. He was supposed to be happy with the egg and seed thing. Now I'm going to have to keep going, aren't I? I'm going to be the mommy who gets the 50 billion phone calls from preschool because her kid told the whole 4 year old class about sex. I know we should have had the conversation right there, but we WERE running very late...