Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Confusion

There is much confusion here at Chez J-E regarding houses and moves among the younger set. Some cute tidbits in lieu of a real post as I frantically box up toys and all evidence that two children live in this house....

At 8pm last night:

A: "I hungry Mommy."

Mommy: "You can have breakfast in the morning. It's bedtime and you had a huge dinner."

A: "In new house? I wake up in new house? I want mini pancakes"

Mommy: "Uh, no. In this house. It will be many sleeps until the new house."

A: "Oh. Mini pancakes in old house then?"

----------------------------------

Bright and early this morning:

A: "Mommy no leave A at old house?"

Mommy: "No, of course not. A will come to the new house with us."

A: "And Daddy?"

Mommy: "Yes, and Daddy."

A: "Good. And cats?"

Mommy: "Yes, and the cats."

A: "BOTH cats?"

Mommy: "Yes, both cats. And C."

A: "No, C stay old house."

-----------------------------------------------
At naptime today:

C: " Mommy, I'm excited for the new house. I can't wait to see how my closets will look in my new room."

Mommy: "Uh, you mean your clothes IN the closets?"

C: "No, my closets. I really really love my closets."

Mommy: "Well, the closets themselves actually stay with the house C. We'll move your stuff, but the closets and walls and, you know, things attached to the house physically, will stay here."

C: (Hysterically crying): "I can't LIVE without my closets! They are the only thing I care about. I love them more than Mama Hippo."