Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Quick updates

Cupcakes were delivered to school, almost on time. And they were almost edible. Meaning that the children ate them but the teachers sent theirs back home with C. For which I can't blame them. Would you really eat cupcakes frosted with DARK red frosting? It took an entire bottle of food coloring to turn the icing just the right shade of fire engine red. Truly scary.

I'm on Day 2 (or is it 3?) of single parenting, with one (or is it 2?) more to go. Tempers are a bit short over here, and C put himself to sleep by muttering "I get soooo mad when mommy doesn't listen to me. I tell her over and over again that I don't WANT to go to bed and she puts me there anyway." Pause for a sob sob sniff sniif, and then repeat.

Wags the Dog has been banished from A's room after today's Wiggles episode when Wags poured water over Captain Feathersword's head. A is now afraid that Wags will sneak off to the bathroom in the middle of the night and douse her as well. I can't say as I discouraged this image, as the thought of not waking up in the middle of the night to Wags singing as A rolled over on top of him was just too wondrous to resist. I can sometimes be a very selfish person.

And with that I am off to bed. Sleep tight Wags. I hear the playroom floor is quite comfortable once you get used to it.