Monday, March 20, 2006

A Meme to pass the day

A meme to pass the day, versions of which have been seen at Just Another Day and Phantom Scribbler, among others...

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see me?
Lonesome Joan, Frank Oz and Jim Henson

I always suspected my real name was Joan....


Will I have a happy life?
Barcelona Nights, Ottmar Liebert

Does this mean I have to move to Spain? I took French, not Spanish.

What do my friends really think of me?
Swing on This, Alice in Chains

Hmmm.

Do people secretly lust after me?
There's a Little Wheel a Turning in my Heart, Laurie Berkner

If only it wasn't a children's song.

How can I make myself happy?
Cross that River, Alan Harris

I guess that means we have to move back to NYC honey...


What should I do with my life?
Satellite, Dave Mathews Band

Perhaps I should have gone for the Astrophysics major after all.

What is some good advice for me?
Toad, Cream

I don't even know what to do with that one. Look ugly? Gee, that's fun. Grow a wart? Even funner.

How will I be remembered?
Popcorn Calling Me, Laurie Berkner

I do like popcorn....and what is up with my iPod and Laurie? Obviously I haven't figured out how to get the kids songs out of my shuffle yet.

What is my signature dancing song?
Idiot Wind, Bob Dylan

Can one even dance to that???

What do I think my current theme song is?
I'm Sensitive, Jewel

Too true, too true.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Long Train Running, the Doobie Brothers

We DO spend a lot of time conversing about and playing with trains around here....

What song will play at my funeral?
Brown Derby Jump, Cherry Poppin' Daddies

At least it is upbeat??

What type of men/women do I like?
Birds and Ships, Billy Bragg and Natalie Merchant

Well, M does come from a family of sailors. And my first serious boyfriend was a sailor too. Birds though? Not so into birds. Especially with the bird flu and all...


What is my day going to be like?
Never Too Late, Yanni

I guess that means I don't have to worry about the fact that we were late (again) to preschool? I'll have to tell the teachers that my iPod said it was OK on Wednesday.

What one thing could I not live without?
Pease Porridge Hot, Music Together

I do like my oatmeal in the morning.