Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Foolish

I believe I was slightly possessed this morning at the parents association meeting at C's preschool. Because, you see, I somehow ended up in charge of the Spring Carnival, the biggest event of the year. And do you know HOW this ended up happening? Not because others thought I would be good at it, or because I thought I would be good at it, or even because no one else wanted the job. No, I FOUGHT for the job because the woman who had originally volunteered can't run a meeting to save her life and I couldn't face spending the next six weeks wasting my time in poorly run meetings. So instead I get to spend the next six weeks wasting my time making elaborate timelines and spreadsheets while begging people to do their volunteer duty for the year.

I am truly a fool.