Saturday, January 21, 2006

C Casts His Vote

Well, after my Starbucks visit yesterday continued to go well. In fact, the day went very well and was really uneventful.

Then...A woke up at 3AM this morning. And 4 AM. And 5:30. Finally, at 6:45 she decided in earnest to start her day (and mine). 6:45 is actually not that bad - it's just that when it comes after getting up 3 times prior it becomes an issue.

The morning went fine, we went to swimming (A had a blast and C enjoyed babysitting). But from then on it's been touch and go. LOTS of bickering (including from me!). But I guess I knew I lost this round when about an hour before quiet time, just after a little spat between him and A, which resulted in my yelling at them, he said, "This is just not going well, is it?" That broke the tension enough to carry us through till quiet time and now A seems to be soundly napping. C, of course, isn't.

Oh well. Chichimama comes back tomorrow and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not an oncoming train!