Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Years Resolutions

I've never been much for New Years resolutions, but as we've been stuck in the house since before Christmas with snuffly, snotty, coughing children, I don't have much else to write about right now. It'll be fun to see how quickly I break each one.

I will not eat my children's leftovers.

I will not listen to children's music while alone in the car.

I will not start every conversation with "Did I tell you what (insert C or A here) did today?"

I will at least skim the headlines of the New York Times on a regular basis.

I will read at least one book a month that does not feature pictures and small woodland animals who talk.

I will not serve takeout more than once a week.

I will limit my diet soda intake to no more than two a day.

I will be better about emailing pictures to the relatives.

I will teach A to sleep through the night in her own bed.

I will teach C to sleep through the night in his own bed.

I will not lose my wallet.

I will keep my cell phone charged.

I will hang up my coat before M comes home in an attempt to keep the family peace.

I will not use the dining room table as a storage device for all things without homes.

I will not harbor ill will towards the little old ladies who comment on my parenting abilities in the grocery store.

I will not go to the grocery store with two children in tow except in the most dire of circumstances.

And last, but not least...

I will try to get a shower in at least every other day. Even if it means bringing my kids in with me.