Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Thanksgiving Gifts

Over at Phantom Scribbler's, someone mentioned Thanksgiving gifts for preschool teachers. I laughed out loud. "What a STUPID idea," I thought. "Thank goodness no one I know would think of such a thing, Thanksgiving is NOT a gift giving holiday."

Tonight was back to school night at C's preschool (Don't ask why they do it in November, just don't). One of my favorite mommies arrived with Thanksgiving gifts in hand, complete with Thanksgiving gift wrap and cards. All of my concerns about C's adjustment to school and the interpersonal issues that seem to plague the class went out the window and all I could focus on were the THANKSGIVING GIFTS.

I'm sorry. I'm all for appreciation and gifts on appropriate holidays. Thanksgiving is not one of those holidays. Nuff said.