Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I give up

I've been trying hard to put together a post with meaning, wit, and elegant writing. But apparently my head cold has also taken up residence in my brain and everything is coming out, well, awful. So I'll spare you my efforts and instead jump on the Childhood Book Meme bandwagon (as seen at Mimilou and Under the Ponderosa, among other places).

Earliest book I remember having read to me: Katy and the Big Snow (now a hit with C as well).

Picture book I would most like to climb into: Goodnight Moon. I've always found it to be a really peacefully book.

Favorite series of books (then or now): Trixie Belden, Little House on the Prairie, Harry Potter, Wrinkle in Time, The Belgariad, Betsy Tacy

Character I would most like to meet: Mrs. Weasley from Harry Potter. She cracks me up. If only I could send a howler to M when he forgets to take the trash out.

Last childhood book I re-read: (not counting the bazillion I read to C and A each day) The Belgariad series. I got M to read it, and then had to re-read it so I could discuss it with him...